FREELANCE PROOFREADERS WANTED
Take advantage of a great opportunity to begin or advance your career as a proofreader while you enjoy the flexibility of working from home.
Magnum Proofreading aims to provide academic authors with an affordable alternative to large proofreading companies. Working with us a freelance proofreader is an excellent way to build your resumé and supplement your income.
· Pay ranges from CAD 5.50-12.50 per 1000 words depending on the level of editing required.
· Freelancers are offered 5-20 hours of work per week.
· Freelancers can work during whatever hours work best for them.
· Experience is preferred but not required, as training will be provided to applicants who perform exceptionally well on the proofreading tests.
· Extensive knowledge of English grammar rules
· Great attention to detail
· Excellent time management skills
· Familiarity with Microsoft Word, especially with using the “Track Changes” feature
· At least one year of experience as a proofreader preferred
· Previous experience producing or editing academic writing preferred
We are not currently hiring new freelancers. However, you are more than welcome to apply to be put on a waiting list of freelancers who will be contacted as positions become available.
The first step in the application process is a short proofreading test, which can be downloaded using the link below. Further instructions are provided in the file. You will be contacted by email to continue the application process only if you pass the initial proofreading test.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.